Thanksgiving is almost upon us! Wow. Where does the time go?!
As you think about Thanksgiving, do you:
- Sigh the “Oh, no!” of unpreparedness?
- Smile in anticipation of a gathered family?
- Recoil at the reminder that Thanksgiving is the starting pistol for the chaos of Christmas?
- Salivate at the thought of feasting?
- Look forward to overindulging on football?
Here at Redeemer, the Sunday before Thanksgiving is a special Sunday where we celebrate God’s work and provision. This year, we also celebrate that Church of the Redeemer is 20 years old and we’ve been worshiping here on this property for 15 years.
Bluegrass Sunday is a special ritual here at Church of the Redeemer. We have Bluegrass music, a chili cook-off, and we collect an Offering of Thanksgiving Prayers. It’s fitting that we also respond to God with thankful service; that’s why we receive the Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes on this Sunday. He has given us so much, it’s fitting that we give back.